Add OEM scan tool software to your ELM327, Mongoose and EASE vehicle interface and access Ford proprietary car computer data on; engine, transmission, ABS, Airbag and more with Bi-directional controls!
Includes support for
Ford, Lincoln and Mercury
Access Ford proprietary car computers; engine, transmission, ABS, Airbag and more with Bi-directional controls. Get OEM scan tool software for your ELM327, Mongoose and EASE vehicle interface
Tired of not being able to see all the Ford proprietary data on car computer systems or just seeing limited generic OBD2 data with your vehicle interface?
With the EASE scan tool software, you can now expand the capabilities of your ELM327 or Mongoose interface to access Ford proprietary systems to view and record data, read and clear enhanced DTCs, and perform bi-directional controls (including secure bi-directional controls) on virtually all proprietary systems.
Just select the Ford Vehicle group that contains your vehicle and you can access all the specific car computers that your vehicle interface supports such as Engine, Transmission, ABS, Airbag, Body and Bi-directional controls (secure controls purchased separately) at an affordable price.
Please Note: You must already own an ELM327, Mongoose or EASE Vehicle Interface in order to use this scan tool software.
Ford Enhanced OEM Diagnostics Supported Vehicles
Scan tool software for Ford enhanced OEM diagnostics is available for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles from 1996 – 2016. Select your Vehicle Group and Level of Data and you can get started today accessing more information than has ever been available.
Supported OBD2 Protocols for Ford Enhanced OEM scan tool software
The scan tool software supports many Ford protocols and all legislated OBD2 protocols; however, the data and controllers you have access to depend on the vehicle you are connecting to and the vehicle interface you are using.*
Protocols used by Ford Supported by Software: *
- CAN Bus (capable of ISO 15765 (HCAN) and ISO14229)
- J1850PWM / SCP
- ISO 9141 / KWP2000
- Medium Speed CAN (MCAN)
Legislated OBD2 Protocols Supported by Software: *
- J1850 VPW/PWM
- ISO-9141-2 ISO
- ISO 14230-4 KWP2000
- ISO 15765-4 CAN
* ELM327 vehicle interfaces support all legislated OBD2 protocols and all Ford protocols except Ford Medium speed CAN (MCAN). The OBDLink MX vehicle interface supports all legislated OBD2 protocols and MCAN. The Mongoose PRO Ford supports all Ford protocols except MCAN.
Meaning the ELM and Mongoose interfaces can access FORD enhanced data that is accessed via these protocols. They cannot access data that is on other DLC pins or accessed with other protocols. i.e., they do Not Support pre-OBD II vehicles or pre-OBD II protocols on 1996+ vehicles such as EEC-IV (DCL) data.
Supported ELM and Mongoose Vehicle Interfaces:
The EASE scan tool software was originally designed to work with EASE vehicle interfaces; however, EASE recently added the ELM API and J2534 API to support ELM 327 and Drew Tech Mongoose interfaces (both Mongoose and Mongoose PRO). The software was tested on authentic ELM 327 and Drew Tech Mongoose interfaces. It was NOT tested on the many clones that are on the market. It was tested on some ELM clones and the software worked; however, this does not mean it will work on all clones.
The EASE Ford enhanced OEM diagnostic scan tool software will work with ELM 327 OBD vehicle interfaces (ver 1.3 and higher), such as:
What Ford Car Computers are supported?
The Ford Enhanced OEM Diagnostics scan tool software gives you diagnostic support above and beyond Generic OBD2 for all vehicles in your vehicle group; available in two option levels:
Level 1: Powertrain Car Computers: *
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- Alternate Fuel Control Module
- Transfer Case Control Module
- Fuel Injection Control Module
- Auxiliary Heater Control Module
- Battery Control Module
- Glow Plug Control Module
Level 2: All the other car computers (except level 1 computers):*
- Anti-Lock Brake System
- Supplemental Restraint System
- Restraint Control Module
- Air Suspension
- Body Control Module
- Instrument Cluster
- Drivers Door Module
- Passenger Front Door Module
- Generic Electronic Module
- Occupant Classification System Module
- Audio Control Module
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
- Front Electronic Module
- Headlamp Control Module
- Power Steering Control Module
- Many, many, more!
What car computers will I get access to?
*The number and type of car computers and/or bi-directional controls you have access to depend on; the Vehicle group you buy, the software package level (1 or 2), the vehicle (year, make, model, engine, options)you are connecting to and the protocols supported by the vehicle interface you are using.
(Refer above to what protocols are supported by the vehicle interface you have):
A 2011 Ford Mustang, 14 systems. 1 HCAN, 6 ISO14229, 7 MCAN
A 2011 F-150 5.0L, 23 systems, 12 of them CAN, 11 of them MCAN
A 2005 F-Series Super Duty, 6.8L has 7 Systems, 4 HCAN, 3 ISO
A 1996 Mustang has 4 systems, 2 ISO, 2 SCP
What Functions and Features does the Scan Tool Software have?
The scan tool software has the following capabilities and features*:
- Includes Support for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Vehicles
- 1996 - 2012 Model Years Supported
- Power Stroke Diesel Support: 6.0L, 6.4L, 6.7L, 7.3L
- Hybrids Support
- Read OEM Proprietary Data from the car computers in your Vehicle Group and Data Level
- Perform Powertrain, Body & Chassis Bi-directional Controls
- Perform Powertrain, Body & Chassis Secure Controls (additional Bi-directional Controls, separate purchase required)
- Read & Clear Powertrain, Body & Chassis Enhanced DTCs & Descriptions
- Supports PWM, SCP, ISO, CAN, MCAN, ISO-14229, (Does Not Support Ford UBP)
- Diagnostic Tests, KOEO and KOER, Self Tests for Gasoline and Diesel
- ABS Brake Bleed support on many vehicles
- Part # Decode
- View Controller List, based on VIN/selected vehicle, see list of controllers that could be on the vehicle
- Reference Library – over 3000 pages of Ford Technical information on Gasoline, Diesel and Hybrid Vehicles
- Ford’s DTC Reference Library, with over 3100 DTCs and probable causes
- Cylinder Balance Test for ISO 14229 PCMs
In addition, the scan tool software includes OBD2 Generic support:
- Supports all 1996 and newer Domestic, Asian and European OBD2 Compliant Vehicles
- Supports SAE J1850(VPW, PWM), ISO 9141-2(ISO), ISO 14230(KWP2000) & ISO 15765/SAE J2284 (CAN) Protocols
- Full expanded Generic PID Support – 150+ data parameters (PIDS)
- Plus EASE custom data parameters like Rich/Lean Status, Engine Vacuum, Acceleration, MPG
- Create your own Custom data parameters
- Read and Clear Stored and Pending DTCs & Descriptions
- Read and Clear Generic and Manufacturer-Specific DTCs & Descriptions
- Perform Enhanced DTC Scan & Description
- Read Permanent DTCs (Mode $0A / 10)
- Determine if the Check Engine Light (MIL) is commanded on + ability to turn it OFF
- Mode 6 Support - On-Board Monitoring Test Results for Specific Monitored Systems – View Raw and Translated
- Results Per OEM in Grid and Report Format
- Mode 9 Support - Vehicle Information - VIN, CALID, CVN and In-Use Performance Counters
- Read and Clear Freeze Frame Data
- View O2 Sensor Test Results
- View I/M Monitors Availability and Status
- View OBD Support Level, Fuel System 1 & 2 Status, Secondary Air Status, and PTO Status
- Parameter and Acronym and DTC Library with nearly 3000 new generic DTCs
- Automatically determine the fastest data sampling speed
It's all about the scan tool software
This is the most feature rich scan tool software available today. Start enjoying these features:
- User-friendly software with easy navigation
- View real time data parameters in grid, graph or meter format
- High definition graphing
- 6 graphing windows w/graphing auto scale, zoom and pan
- Customizable Meter configurations with Min/Max
- Large display area
- Measure and display fuel economy
- View 100+ real time parameters simultaneously in the data grid
- Create and view customizable dashboards
- Unlimited Record/Playback capability
- Snapshots (time-stamped and color-coded) and Markers
- On-line help
- Vehicle selection database tracks every vehicle you work on
- Import and Export recordings
- Add notes to each recording and vehicle
- Use your PC
- Easy upgrading at any time
- Advanced database filtering to help you quickly find a previous vehicle or recording
- Print Screens
- Professionally printed Reports
- Include any screen shot or photo in Reports
- Acronym and Parameter Libraries
- Pre-defined and user customizable parameter sets
- Ability to turn off the Check engine light (MIL)
- Read and Clear Generic Stored, Pending and Permanent DTCs
- Read and Clear Manufacturer Specific DTCs
- Read and Clear Freeze Frame & I/M Readiness Monitors
- DTC Library of over 10,000 DTCs
- With the EASE DTC Web Search, web users tell you how they fixed the same problem - at the click of a mouse.
- Keep Your Scan Tool Up to Date with Automatic Web Updates
What type of computer do I need to run the software?
You can use your scan tool software on any Windows PC, laptop or tablet that meets the following:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 Home or Professional
- Minimum Processor: Dual Core or equivalent
Recommended Processor: i3 or i5
- Minimum RAM: 1G
Recommended RAM: 2G
- 1GB Hard Drive Space for installation, more needed for saving recordings and snapshots
- USB communication port for software dongle/key
- Web Download Delivery requires - Internet Connection, Email address and user provided USB Flash Drive with at least 5MB of free space to store software security key.
What Do I Need To Get Started?
1. You must already own or purchase a supported ELM or Mongoose Vehicle Interface.
2. Order the Scan Tool Software below for your vehicle(s). Select either Level 1 (Powertrain) or Level 1 + 2 (Powertrain, ABS, Airbag, Body, etc.)
Note: Software is delivered by Web Download. An Internet Connection, Email address and user provided USB Flash Drive with at least 5MB of free space to store software security key is required.
Software Delivery by Web Download (You will receive download info on our next business day)
The following is included:
- EASE PC Scan Tool Installation Software for the Vehicle group(s) purchased. The software must be downloaded from Internet. You will receive an email with a download link and instructions after your order is processed during EASE business hours.
Please Read: Web Download Delivery Option Requires - Internet Connection, Email address and user provided USB Flash Drive with at least 5MB of free space to store software security key.
What's NOT Included
- A vehicle interface is NOT included with your purchase. You must already own an ELM327, Mongoose or EASE Vehicle Interface in order to use this scan tool software.
Scan tool software for Ford enhanced OEM diagnostics is available for Ford Car, Ford Minivan, Ford SUV, Ford Truck, Ford Van, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles. Select your Vehicle Group and Level of Data below and you can get started today accessing more information than has ever been available.